We understand that our customers and website visitors are concerned about the privacy of information. The following information is designed to help you understand the information collection practices at this Website.
Samsung Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited (“SAMHK”) recognizes the importance of personal data to our business and the importance of respecting the privacy rights of our clients. Therefore, we are committed to ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"). Each employee of SAMHK must abide by our commitment to privacy in the handling of personal information. To further enhance confidentiality and security of all personal data, only authorized staff will be allowed to have access to the personal information collected. It is restricted to those persons who have a business need to access personal information in order to perform their job duties.
The purpose of this Statement is to establish the policies and practices of SAMHK's commitment to protect the privacy of personal data and to inform you about our responsibilities and your rights under the Ordinance.
Types of Personal Data Held
Personal data held by us regarding clients may include the following:-
- Name and address, occupation, contact details, date of birth, their identity card or passport numbers;
- Current employer, nature of position, relevant income of clients;
- Details of financial status of clients; and
- Information obtained by us in the ordinary course of the business relationship such as, investment options, account values and balances etc.
Main Purposes of keeping Personal Data
The purposes for which personal data relating to clients may be used are as follows:-
- Facilitate the daily operations of the services provided to the clients;
- Marketing investment products or services provided by SAMHK;
- Maintaining statistical data and providing a database for product and market research;
- Marketing financial and/or investment products or services by any company/companies other than SAMHK , subject to client's express prior written consent;
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and
- Any other purposes relating or incidental thereto.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data held by SAMHK relating to clients will be kept confidential but may be transferred to the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for any of the purposes stated above:-
- Any agent, contractor, third party service provider or any member company of SAMHK which provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, marketing, professional or other services to SAMHK in connection with its business operations;
- Any person to whom SAMHK is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on SAMHK or any of its member companies or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which SAMHK or its member companies are expected to comply;
- Any actual or proposed assignee of SAMHK or participant or sub-participant or transferee of SAMHK 's rights in respect of the client; and
- Any persons or bodies corporate under a duty of confidentiality to SAMHK .
Accuracy of Personal Data
SAMHK strive at all times to ensure accuracy of all personal data collected and processed by us. In order to assist us to deliver on this pledge, please inform us immediately in the event that your personal information has been changed or you discovered that your personal information held by us is incorrect.
It is not a statutory requirement for you to provide personal data to us. However, we will not be able to provide you with the services and products you may require unless you provide us with the necessary personal data or information.
You have a right (i) to be informed whether we hold any of your personal data; (ii) to be supplied with a copy of your personal data we hold; and (iii) to request correction of your personal data we hold. If you wish to access to and/or to correct any of your personal data held by us, please send your written request to the address set out below. We may, subject to the Ordinance, impose a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request.
If you do not wish your personal data to be used for direct marketing purposes, you may notify us in writing to the following address:-
Head of Compliance
Samsung Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited
Suite 4513~14, Two IFC, No. 8, Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong