- The ETF aims to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, closely correspond to the performance of the S&P High Yield Asia Pacific-Ex New Zealand REITs Select Index (Net Total Return) (“Index”).
- Investment involves risk, including the loss of principal. Investors should refer to the prospectus of Samsung S&P High Dividend APAC ex NZ REITs ETF (the “ETF”) for details, including the risk factors. Investors should not base investment decisions on this material alone. Historical performance does not indicate future performance.
- The ETF could be subject to certain key risks such as risks of Asia Pacific market real estate sector concentration risks; Risk associated with investments in REITs; Real estate sector risk; Asia Pacific market risks; New index risks; Other currency distribution risks; Multi-counter risks, etc. Please note that the above listed investment risks are not exhaustive.
- The Manager may at its discretion pay distributions out of capital, or effectively out of capital, of the ETF, amounting to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment, resulting in an immediate reduction of the NAV per unit
Income opportunities in a low interest rate environment
- US Federal Reserve has implied that interest rate will remain at a relatively low rate at latest until 2023 while valuation of bond market has increased to a relatively expensive range.
- Underlying index is comprised of 30 REITs listed in developed markets across Asia Pacific (excluding New Zealand) with the highest trailing 12-month dividend yield. Latest index indicated yield was 4.92%* as of 30 September 2021.
- 3187.HK aims to pay out dividend quarterly, subject to Manager’s discretion.
- Most of the Asia REITs are required to pay out at least 90% of their net earnings as dividend. Thus, the income streams that REITs generate are relatively stable.
*source: S&P Dow Jones Indices, as of 30 September 2021. A positive distribution yield does not imply a positive return.
Why investing into Asia REITs ?
- Captures Asia economic recovery opportunities
- Asia REITs have a lower correlation with other assets. Include Asia REITs in your portfolio can achieve effective diversification.
3187 / 9187 – The First REITs ETF in Hong Kong
- One stop REITs solution - Currently investing into developed Asia REITs. Besides traditional REITs including residential, shopping center, office and hotel, the portfolio is also investing into REITs with relatively low correlation to traditional economy such as data center, logistics center and retirement center.
- Low Investment threshold – You can invest into a basket of Asia REITs with just around HKD4,300* as of 30 September 2021.
- Dividend friendly - Quarterly (in March, June, September and December) subject to Manager’s discretion.
*source: Bloomberg, as of 30 September 2021
10 holdings as of month ended 30 September 2021
|REIT Name||Listing Place||Weighting|
|CAPITALAND INTERGRATED COMMER||SINGAPORE||7.39%|
|ASCENDAS REAL ESTATE INV TRT||SINGAPORE||7.32%|
|JAPAN METROPOLITAN FUND INVE||JAPAN||6.69%|
|NOMURA REAL ESTATE MASTER FU||JAPAN||6.58%|
|UNITED URBAN INVESTMENT CORP||JAPAN||4.20%|
|MAPLETREE INDUSTRIAL TRUST||SINGAPORE||3.94%|
Source: Bloomberg, as of 30 Sep 2021
For the latest full holdings list, please refer to http://samsungetfhk.com/product/3187/
information source: Samsung Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited, as of 30 September 2021